Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reminders

Today as I was in a rush to get to the heart center to take food to my caffeine/nicotene w/drawal husband I met a lady. Her and I arrived in line at the same time; she was very kind and offered to let me go first. I thanked her for allowing me to get to my cranky husband faster and she told me her story... This month is her hardest month of the year; not only her wedding anniversary but also the anniversary of her husband's death who died during open heart surgery. WOW. How could that be? It's amazing how God reminds me of my mission and not to stray from it. It's been 40 years that she has been putting one foot in front of the other and live life. 40 years of grief. I am even more grateful that everything looks good for my husbands achy heart. Stress... Stress of grief and holding it all back, it's exploding in his body as he tries to move on and make sure people don't see his pain and he contains it working so hard not to feel the pain.
I urge my readers to stop and feel the pain, so they are able to feel the sun. To n0t run and keep being chased by the ugliness of it all. But to stand up, stand face to face with it... How? It depends on you and your needs. Hardest thing about grief, we are all unique and therefore how we deal, cope and greive are all very unique. Hopefully, I will help you find your own unique tools to figure out what will work best for you...
Love to you all, Laurie

No comments: